Warman Home Centre LP is an industry-leading integrated home construction, manufacturing, and retail operation. We are currently expanding our team, and have an immediate opening for a full-time Senior Accountant, located in Warman.
Key responsibilities include:
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Senior Accountant is part of a larger administrative team responsible for the efficient day to day operations of Warman Home Centre LP. The Senior Accountant contributes to the accurate and timely preparation of financial reporting by performing crucial monthly and annual accounting functions, analyzing financial information, and assisting with the budgeting and forecasting process.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the Accounts Receivable function, including recording of receipts, allocation of customer payments and creation of receivable reports
- Maintenance of fixed asset ledgers and depreciation entries
- Prepare monthly entries for prepaid expenditures and reconciliations
- Complete account reconciliations, and income statement variance analysis as assigned
- Work with other divisions as needed to improve inter-division processes and to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting
- Assist with internal control development and maintenance
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
- Highly detail oriented
- Self-Motivated and able to prioritize and work well with competing deadlines
- Mature attitude and ability to deal effectively in a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong integrity and business ethics
- Ability to lead by example and work well with others
The successful individual will have the following qualifications:
- A CPA designation (preferred)
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from a recognized institution
- A minimum of 3-5 years accounting experience required
- Understanding and ability to apply ASPE
- Strong computer (MS Office – Excel, accounting software) skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
Warman Home Centre LP offers on the job training, competitive wages, group benefits, company matched pension plan, on site fitness facility, and an employee product discount.
We are looking for the right employee who can call us home and join our fast paced, enjoyable and rewarding atmosphere.
Please forward your resume in confidence to:
Mrs. Shelley Miller, CPA-CA
Warman Home Centre LP
PO Box 1000 Warman Saskatchewan S0K 4S0
No phone calls please, those selected for an interview will be contacted. Closing date is January 30, 2019.